Bariatric Center of Excellence Designation
The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) awards excellent hospitals and clinics with its Bariatric Center of Excellence designation. This standardized program helps patients choose hospitals and clinics that provide top-flight care for overweight and obese patients. Are you considering having weight loss surgery? If so, choose a clinic that specializes in bariatric procedures like LAP-BAND, gastric bypass, and gastric sleeve.
High Standards of Care
Here at Olde Del Mar Surgical, we’re proud to be designated as a Bariatric Center of Excellence.
To become a Bariatric Center of Excellence, we have met a long list of requirements
- We employ only board-certified surgeons who specialize in bariatric surgery.
- Our surgeons and staff all participate in ongoing training and education.
- Each of our surgeons performs a minimum of 50 weight-loss operations every year. Each surgeon has successfully completed at least 125 procedures.
- We provide our patients with access to a team of nurses, nutritionists and other specialized medical professionals.
- Our hospital staff are all trained to provide specialized care for bariatric patients.
- We maintain our standards. We renew our accreditation on a regular basis
As a Bariatric Center of Excellence, we are an approved provider of bariatric procedures under most major insurance plans.
To learn more about why it’s important to choose a Bariatric Center of Excellence for your bariatric surgery, call us at 858-457-4917 or complete our online contact form.